Ghanzi West Copper Project
Kalahari, Copper Belt, Botsawana
Underexplored world-class copper province in the Kalahari Copper Belt
- The Ghanzi West Project is located along strike of Sandfire’s copper-silver Motheo Mine (under construction) and high-grade A4 deposit.
- Comprises 6 prospecting licences over a land area of 2,619km2.
- Three key targets have been identified at Ghanzi West being:
- Korong–large Domal target (~1,091km2)
- Kara–along regional structure from T3 deposit (~840km2)
- Tau–4km from Sandfire T7 prospect.
- Safe, politically stable and mining-friendly jurisdiction.
- Botswana ranked 1st in Africa and 11th of 77 countries globally in overall mining investment attractiveness.
3 Fraser Institute Annual Survey of Mining Companies 2020
Airborne Electromagnetic & Gravity Survey to Commence at Ghanzi West Project
- Airborne electromagnetic and gravity survey planned across the Company’s Kara Dome assets, located in the Kalahari Copper Belt, Botswana.
- Kara Dome is considered prospective for copper-silver mineralisation in folded transitional sediments, similar to those at Sandfire (Motheo and A4) and Khoemacau (Zone 5, Banana Zone) projects.
- The program is focused on identifying fold related anticline hinge zones and structurally controlled trap sites associated with domal structures, similar to those discovered along strike by Sandfire Resources (Motheo and A4 copper-silver projects).
- The program is expected to commence in early August, with results in Q4 CY2022.
Location of Kopore prospecting licences within the Kalahari Copper Belt